Founded in 2002 by GB Olympian John Holliday, Bishops Stortford Judokwai has grown into a thriving community club with a track-record of consistanly developing national and international medallists. We cater for all levels and ages; ranging from teaching primary school age children fundamental skills to coaching players on international performance pathways.
Bishops Stortford Judokwai is a member club of the British Judo Association, and SportEngland Safeguarding Code accredited. All of our coaches are BJA qualified, DBS checked and hold First Aid and Child Protection certificates.
The club's Lead Coaches, Joe and Nicole Nunn, are Great Britain and England Support Coaches, former international fighters and winners of the UK Children's Coach of the Year Award.
Our Dojo is located in the Herts & Essex Sports Centre and is purpose built for judo; with a permanent 22 x 12m mat area, sprung floor, 50mm contest mats and tiered spectator seating. The Sports Centre has changing and shower faclities plus a social space with a bar and kitchen.
Visitors and new starters are always welcome, if you would like to take up the Olympic sport of judo please visit our new starters page for more information.
- 21 May 2023 - Bishops Stortford U16 Red & Yellow Belt Championships
- 27-30 May 2023 - Bishops Stortford Cadet & Junior Training Camp
- 10 Sep 2023 - Alex Jackson U16 Red Belt Championships
- 4 Nov 2023 - Danny King Team Championships for U12s, Minors, Pre-Cadets & Cadets
- 5 Nov 2023 - Danny King Mixed Senior Team Championships