Code of Conduct for Club Officials, Referees & Volunteers
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All Officials, Referees and Volunteers must:
- Consider the wellbeing and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Promote the positive aspects of judo (e.g. the Judo Code).
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club.
- Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover.
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances.
- Encourage performers to value their performances and not just results.
Revised: 31st January 2018